In the event your fridge features a water and ice dispenser feature, and sometimes even simply an installed ice manufacturer, a water supply valve is needed to get a grip on water getting into the applying. The supply valve is usually positioned in the bottom backside associated with the ice box behind an access panel. The homeвЂ™s water supply usually travels through copper tubing connected to the valve inlet slot.
The supply valve can be an electrically-control component with inlet and socket water ports plus one or maybe more solenoids.
whenever signaled by way of a control board, the solenoid or solenoids will available to enable water to enter an inlet hose which directs water via a water that is optional into the dispenser and/or to an ice maker tray fill tube. In the long run, the solenoids can fail or calcium deposits can establish within the valve producing an obstruction, leading to the ice manufacturer struggling to produce ice and limited, or no, water appearing out of the dispenser as soon as the lever is pushed. Since water supply valves can’t be effortlessly washed or fixed, a malfunctioning valve should be changed having a brand new one.
Just how to change a faulty water supply valve
- Unplug the refrigeratorвЂ™s cord.
- Shut from the water supply towards the fridge.
- Pull the ice box from the wall surface.
- Unthread the screws to get rid of the low access panel that is rear. Take note, you may want to detach the copper tubing or incoming water line through the inlet valve port before you completely eliminate the panel.
- Detach the incoming water line through the water supply valve inlet slot when you havenвЂ™t done this currently.
- Unthread the screws to produce water supply valve mounting dish or bracket through the ice box framework.
- Disconnect the cable connecter or connecters through the terminals that are solenoid.
- Then depress the retaining rings to detach the outlet hose or hoses from the valve ports if applicable, slide out any locking clips. Be equipped for some water to spill.
- If required, take away the water that is old valve through the mounting dish or bracket.
- Install the water that is new valve by aligning it in the mounting dish or bracket if required.
- Completely place the hose or hoses to the socket ports and big hyperlink, if needed, fall in the locking clip or videos to secure.
- Link the cable connecter or connecter to your terminals that are solenoid.
- Position the mounting dish or bracket regarding the fridge frame and thread the screws to secure.
- Realign the access panel and secure it with all the screws.
- Connect the water that is incoming to your valveвЂ™s inlet slot. Then use a wrench to tighten if the water is being supplied through copper tubing, hand-thread the tubingвЂ™s compression nut onto the inlet port. Avoid overtightening or perhaps you might harm the tubing.
- Go the fridge straight right back up against the wall surface.
- Turn water supply right right back on.
- Plug the refrigeratorвЂ™s cord back.
- Switch on the ice manufacturer or run water through the dispenser to ensure the brand new supply valve is working correctly and there are not any leaks.
Discover the water that is right valve with fix Clinic
Since water supply valves will be different with respect to the ice box model, it is essential to spot the valve that is exact fits your fridge. To achieve this, go into the full model amount of the applying into the fix Clinic search club, then select вЂњValve & FloatвЂќ through the component category filter regarding the remaining part associated with the web page to get the part that is matching. Fix Clinic stocks water supply valves for all the name that is top fridges, including Frigidaire, Whirlpool, Kenmore, Samsung, and LG, but youвЂ™ll want to be sure youвЂ™re purchasing the specific valve that matches your model.